Dogs Bay Country Club for Dogs (DBCC) has a long-standing reputation for providing the very best care to our Fur Guests. Based on this reputation, and the trust our pet Parents have in our company, we are happy to announce an additional service that is in alignment with our continuing commitment to providing the highest quality of pet care.
Our Pet Health Care Warranty that will reimburse Pet Parents up to $250 in eligible veterinary expenses for illnesses or injuries that occur due to their petâ€™s visit to DBCC.
Which Pets are Covered?
All pets lodging at DBCC.
Eligible expenses include diagnostic and/or treatment expenses provided by a licensed veterinarian that are directly related to an illness or injury that arises as a result of the petâ€™s visit to DBCC. This includes illnesses or injuries that arise during your petâ€™s visit, or that become evident up to 72 hours after your pet is checked out from our facility.
Please Note: If you opt out of the Health Care Warranty, you will be charged for these services, if rendered.
Coverage Also Includes
We monitor our fur guests closely for early signs of stress including the dog not eating, diarrhea, vomiting, etc. The following services are covered under out Health Care Warranty.
- If a dog does not eat within a 24-hour period, we offer chicken/rice, added to their kibble, to entice them to eat.
- If a dog gets diarrhea, we have a full diarrhea protocol that includes Imodium, bland diet (chicken/rice) until the GI upset is under control and then we gradually transition them back to their regular diet.
- If a dog vomits due to anxiety, we will offer Pepcid and bland diet (chicken/rice) until the symptoms subside.
- If a dogâ€™s pads are sensitive to the stones in the play yards, we provide Epson Salt Foot Baths and Pad Protector.
- If a dog needs to be Quarantined or cannot play with his/her fur friends, go on scheduled Nature Walks or to daycare for any reason, we will substitute Enrichment Cuddles-N-Hugs or anything else we see fit to keep the dog happy and engaged.
- We also launder any soiled toys or bedding and give our fur friends spot baths if needed, to maintain a healthy and clean environment. The cost of all these protocols are included in our Health Care Warranty. If you opt out of the Health Care Warranty, you will be charged for these services, if rendered.
- Pre-existing conditions or illnesses or injuries sustained by the pet before arriving at DBCC
- Injury, illness or consequence when pets are boarded together, at the ownerâ€™s request, take action against each other.
- Injury or illness caused by items that you bring (e.g., new food, treats, medication or chew bones causing GI upset, chewing their own bed/blanket or toys.)
- Kennel Cough if the dog did not get the required oral/nasal bordatella vaccine 7 days prior to boarding.
- Canine Influenza, H3N3 or H3N8 flu if the dog did not get the recommended vaccine 7 days prior to boarding.
- Injury or consequence while the dog is in the hands of the owner or authorized agent, while the dog is on DBCC property.
- Gastric Torsion Dilation Syndrome (BLOAT)
- Any self-inflicted injuries, (e.g., broken teeth from biting at gates or doorways, broken toenails from jumping on gates or doorways, self-mutilation due to stress or attempts to escape, etc.)
- Natural disasters.
- Dogs with Diabetes Mellitus are not eligible.
- Injuries obtained while the dog is attending daycare.
$250 per incident, not to exceed $1000 per year.
$2.50 per pet, per day, due when boarding services are rendered.
DBCC may terminate any Pet Health Care Agreement at any time. If cancelled, DBCC shall reimburse the Pet Parent for eligible veterinary expenses incurred during the period of time in which the Agreement fee was charged.
To be eligible for reimbursement, all boarding fees must be paid in full.
- The pet must have been evaluated by a licensed veterinarian within 72 hours of check out from DBCC and the illness/injury must be reported to DBCC within 5 days of departure day and time. Pet parents will have an additional 5 days to provide DBCC a copy of the veterinarianâ€™s diagnosis and treatment, including charges.
- Pet parents are responsible for paying all veterinary expenses, DBCC does not make payment directly to the veterinarian.
- DBCC reserves the right to speak directly to the veterinarian that provided treatment, to confirm the illness/injury is eligible for reimbursement. Pet Parents must give their authorization to their veterinarian to speak to a DBCC representative, or the warranty will be void.
- Within 10 days of receiving the request for reimbursement with all the documents to support eligibility, DBCC will mail a check to the Pet Parent. If there is any question about the applicability or necessity of a diagnostic test or treatment, DBCC will seek counsel from their vet of record, which is Ottawa Animal Hospital in Holland, prior to determining final reimbursement, which shall be determined in DBCCâ€™s sole discretion. DBCC maintains the right to disqualify expenses that are not, in the opinion of our vet of record, directly related to the diagnosis and/or treatment of the petâ€™s illness/injury.
If any part of this Agreement shall be deemed unenforceable or illegal or in conflict with the General Statues of the State under which this Agreement shall be governed, then the parties agree that the portion of this Agreement deemed illegal or in conflict shall be void, but the remainder of the Agreement shall be valid and enforceable.